Brand Name : Senwayer
Model Number : 100-51-6
Certification : IS09001,USP,GMP
Place of Origin : China
Payment Terms : T/T, , MoneyGram,Bitcoin
Supply Ability : 2000L per week and mass stock
Delivery Time : 3-5 working days
Packaging Details : Durm ,disguised package or as required
MOQ : Negotiation
Price : Negotiation
CAS : 100-51-6
EINECS : 202-859-9
MF : C7H8O
MW : 108.14
FP : 97.5 C
BP : 204.7 ℃ at 760 mmHg
Usage 1 : Pharmaceutical Steroids Organic Solvents
Usage 2 : Preservatives
Liquid Organic Solvents Benzyl Alcohol CAS 100-51-6 Purity 99% For Preservatives
Benzyl alcohol is used as a general solvent for inks, waxes, shellacs, paints, lacquers, and epoxy resincoatings. Thus it can be used in paint strippers, especially when combined with compatible viscosityenhancers to encourage the mixture to cling to painted surfaces.It is a precursor to a variety ofesters, used in the soap, perfume, and flavor industries. It is also used in e-liquid for e-cigarettes to enhance the flavors used. When applied to damaged skin or mucous membranes at a 10% concentration it acts as a local anesthetic and antimicrobial agent, and is sometimes included as a degreaser in rug cleaning products. As a dye solvent, it enhances the process of dying wool, nylon, and leather.It also has use as a photographic developer, and as an insect repellent.
1. Quick Details:
|Product name:||Benzyl Alcohol(BA)|
|Melting Point:||-15 ℃|
|Molecular Weight :||108.14|
|Flash Point :||97.5 C|
|Boiling Point:||204.7 C at 760 mmHg|
|Solubility:||4.29 g/100 mL (20C) in water|
|Appearance:||Colorless transparent liquid|
|Grade :||Pharmaceutical Grade|
|Storage:||Shading, confined preservation|
|Usage:||Used as raw material and perfume fixative, pharmaceutical raw materials and anesthetics, preservatives|
2. Description of Benzyl Alcohol (BA) :
Benzyl alcohol is an aromatic alcohol with the formula C6H5CH2OH. The benzyl group is often abbreviated "Bn" , thus benzyl alcohol is denoted as BnOH. Benzyl alcohol is a colorless liquid with a mild pleasant aromatic odor. It is a useful solvent due to its polarity, low toxicity, and low vapor pressure. Benzyl alcohol has moderate solubility in water (4 g/100 mL) and miscible in alcohols and diethyl ether. The anion produced by deprotonation of the alcohol group is known as benzylate or benzyloxide.
1. Benzyl alcohol is an aromatic alcohol with the formula C6H5CH2OH. The benzyl group is often abbreviated "Bn" (not to be confused with "Bz" which is used for benzoyl), thus benzyl alcohol is denoted as BnOH. Benzyl alcohol is a colorless liquid with a mild pleasant aromatic odor. It is a useful solvent due to its polarity, low toxicity, and low vapor pressure. Benzyl alcohol is partially soluble in water (4 g/100 mL) and completely miscible in alcohols and diethyl ether.
2. Benzyl alcohol is produced naturally by many plants and is commonly found in fruits and teas. It is also found in a variety of essential oils including jasmine, hyacinth, and ylang-ylang.It is also one of the chemical compounds found in castoreum. This compound is gathered from the beaver plant food.
3. Benzyl alcohol has nearly the same refraction index of quartz and wool fibre. If a clear quartz object is immersed in benzyl alcohol, it becomes almost invisible. This has been used as a method to non-destructively recognize if an object is made of true quartz or not (see crystal skull). Similarly, white wool immersed in benzyl alcohol also becomes almost invisible clearly revealing contaminants such as dark and medullated fibres and vegetable matter
4. Benzyl alcohol is only a mild acute toxin with an LD50 of 1.2 g/kg in rats. It oxidizes rapidly in healthy individuals to benzoic acid, conjugated with glycine in the liver, and excreted as hippuric acid. Very high concentrations can result in toxic effects including respiratory failure, vasodilation, hypotension, convulsions, and paralysis.
5. Benzyl alcohol is toxic to neonates, it is associated with the gasping syndrome.Benzyl alcohol has been reported to cause skin allergy.Benzyl alcohol is severely toxic and highly irritating to the eye.Pure benzyl alcohol produces corneal necrosis.Benzyl alcohol is not considered to be a carcinogen and no data are available regarding teratogenic or reproductive effects.
1) Nanotechnological uses:
Benzyl alcohol has been used as a dielectric solvent for the dielectrophoretic reconfiguration of nanowires.
2) Use in health care:
Benzyl alcohol is used as a bacteriostatic preservative at low concentration in intravenous medications, cosmetics and topical drugs.
The use of benzyl alcohol as a 5% solution has been approved by the U.S. FDA for the treatment of head licein children older than 6 months and in adults.It affects the louse's spiracles, preventing them from closing. These then become clogged with water or mineral oil or other matter and cause the insect to die from asphyxiation.
3) Other uses:
Benzyl alcohol has nearly the same refraction index of quartz and wool fiber. If a clear quartz object is immersed in benzyl alcohol, it becomes almost invisible. This test has been used to determine non-destructively whether an object is truly made of quartz (see crystal skull). Similarly, white wool immersed in benzyl alcohol also becomes almost invisible clearly revealing contaminants such as dark and medullated fibers and vegetable matter.
Benzyl alcohol is a colorless liquid with a sharp burning taste and slight odor. It is used as a local anesthetic and to reduce pain associated with LIDOCAINE injection. Also, it is used in the manufacture of other benzyl compounds, as a pharmaceutic aid, and in perfumery and flavoring.
4. Our Adwantage:
High quality with competitive price:
1) Standard: Enterprise Standard
2) All Purity:>=99%
3) We are manufacturer and can provide high quality products with factory price.
Fast and safe delivery:
1) Parcel can be sent out in 24 hours after payment. Tracking number available
2) Secure and discreet shipment. Various transportation methods for your choice.
3) Customs pass rate: >=99%
4) We have our own agent/remailer/distributor who can help us ship our products very fast and safe, and we have stock in there for transferring.
We have clients throughout the world:
1) Professional service and rich experience make customers feel at ease, adequate stock and fast delivery meet their desire.
2) Market feedback and goods feedback will be appreciated, meeting customers's requirement is our responsibility.
3) High quality, competitive price, fast delivery, first-class service gain the trust and praise from the customers.
If you have any question pls feel free to contact me via:
Liquid Organic Solvents Benzyl Alcohol CAS 100-51-6 Purity 99% For Preservatives Images